Video Production Intern for RMC Research
RMC Research Corporation is a national leader in program research and evaluation, professional development, consultation, and product development. From small studies to multi-year projects, we support national, state, and local clients who serve schools, families, and communities. RMC’s six regional offices conduct national and regional work, with each office maintaining a specialty. Through technology, our offices collaborate with each other and with partners across the country.
RMC serves as a partner on The National Center on Improving Literacy (NCIL) contract. This is a partnership among literacy experts, university researchers, and technical assistance providers, with funding from the United States Department of Education.
Our Mission as part of this center is to increase access to, and use of, evidence-based approaches to screen, identify, and teach students with literacy-related disabilities, including dyslexia. To learn more about NCIL, please visit https://improvingliteracy.org. Our team is currently working on e-learning modules for parents and families around evidence-based literacy approaches. We are using Adobe Articulate Storyline and are looking for a video production intern to assist with recording and editing short video clips of our staff members that can then be added to these e-learning modules.
Location for the Internship:
RMC Research Corporation
3550 Buschwood Park Dr.
Tampa, Florida 33618
Video Production Intern Position
The Video Production Intern will work closely with Research Associates and will be responsible for:
- Providing help with storyboard graphics and animations, including selection and editing of videos
- Filming short videos at the RMC Tampa office and editing them for inclusion in our e-learning modules
- Writing/optimizing video metadata (including video descriptions and keyword tags)
- Providing Closed Captioning and transcripts for all videos
- Researching and assisting with the testing of new video technology and how it can be used, as well as ensuring we are Section 508 compliant for all video clips used
- Editing existing YouTube and other video clips for inclusion in our e-learning modules
- Assisting the online learning production team on their projects with instructional design elements, visual design, and development of tools and techniques
- Designing, developing, and maintaining learning and development solutions on behalf of RMC including self-paced online learning, mobile learning, virtual instructor-led learning, traditional instructor-led, social learning, coaching, work-embedded learning, etc.
- Partnering with the project manager, subject matter experts and others to assess and enhance existing RMC offerings to improve educational outcomes aligned with business needs
- Attending weekly team meetings to share progress of work, identify challenges and possible solutions, and discuss next steps
- Contributing to building a library of online learning resources for RMC that can be used across multiple development experiences
- Contributing to promotional strategies to share products and resources
- Assisting in the preparation of any publications, multimedia resources, and materials for events
- Logging footage from various productions and continuing to organize it for easy access
- Archiving and organizing footage, projects, assets, and final exports
The Video Production Intern is required to complete 275 hours. The intern will receive stipend at the completion of 140 hours and at the end of the 135 hours.
- Undergraduate or Graduate student studying film, graphic design, video production, education technology or related disciplines
- Interest in public policy and programs relating to P-12 education
- Exceptional organizational and knowledge management skills
- Excellent research, writing, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively independently and in collaboration with staff
- Ability to prioritize, manage time, and tasks efficiently
- Ability to multi-task and have a variety of roles across diverse projects
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with responsible judgment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps
- Applicants must provide a link to a portfolio with the application for review
Applications for Video Production Interns are now being accepted. Please send your portfolio, resume, and cover letter expressing interest in the position by completing our online form here: