Job Opening: Research Associate
RMC Research Corporation, a nationally recognized and respected professional services and technical consulting firm specializing in research, evaluation, training, and technical assistance for educational and human service agencies at the federal, state, and local levels is seeking an experienced mathematics technical assistance provider/professional developer to join our team located in the Tampa, Florida office. This position requires that the successful applicant will engage in all aspects of technical assistance to clients, research and evaluation, provide oversight to various projects, and collaborate with other staff. Activities will include providing and leading technical assistance projects; providing mathematics professional development; meeting with and advising clients; collecting, organizing, and analyzing data; preparing reports; developing proposals for new business; developing and contributing to protocols; and securing new business funding. This is a full-time position with benefits.
1) Technical Assistance
- Provides technical assistance to state and local educational leaders in evidence-based mathematics practices and instruction.
- Coordinates teams of staff and partners in the delivery of technical assistance to educational leaders for successful implementation of evidence-based mathematics strategies at the state, REA, LEA, and school levels.
- Collaborates with project team members to identify evidence-based resources and design materials, tools and processes for the effective delivery of technical assistance related to mathematics instruction and student achievement to state, REA, LEA, and school leaders.
2) Professional Development and Product Development
- Collaborate on developing products and resources such as educational professional development modules and state/district plans and frameworks for improving mathematics instruction and student achievement.
- Lead professional development in the areas of mathematics.
- Understand adult learning and apply appropriate strategies to professional development delivery and product development.
3) Data Collection, Organization, and Analysis
- Identifies or designs appropriate instrumentation (e.g., surveys, interview protocols, observation protocols, knowledge assessments) for responding to research and evaluation questions.
- Collects quantitative and qualitative data using appropriate techniques to ensure reliability and validity.
- Organizes and conducts site visits involving multiple data collection methods.
- Conducts descriptive and inferential quantitative analyses, from simple to complex.
- Analyzes qualitative data with general guidelines from project managers.
4) Proposal and Report Writing
- Collaborates in writing proposals, research and evaluation plans and reports, literature reviews and papers, presentations, and articles for various audiences. Follows organization’s Quality Assurance protocols.
5) Business Development
- Identifies and/or reviews requests for proposals to assess RMC’s capacity to successfully respond.
- Leverages professional networks to identify potential business opportunities for RMC Research and shares these with the Tampa Office Director and/or appropriate Senior Research Associates.
- Master’s degree or higher in education, social sciences, public policy, and/or related area; formal course work in research methodology. Doctorate preferred
- Five to seven years’ experience in mathematics education
- Three to five years’ experience in delivering technical assistance and/or professional development to education leaders, teachers, and other education stakeholders.
- Three to five years’ experience working with stakeholders from diverse backgrounds and cultures and/or traditionally underserved populations.
- Three to five years’ experience managing projects, including coordinating across teams of internal colleagues and external partners.
- Research experience and demonstrated data collection skills (e.g., interviewing, classroom observation, focus group moderation, and surveying).
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and coordinate with colleagues at varying organizational levels.
- Ability to travel.
How to Apply
Please send a resume including three professional references, letter of interest, and salary requirements to this mailbox.