Senior Research Associate
The Portland office of RMC Research Corporation has a full-time opening for a Senior Research Associate. The position requires that the successful applicant engage in all aspects of research, evaluation, and consultation services; provide oversight to various projects; supervise staff; develop proposals; and effectively engage in other activities to build the business base of the organization.
Research and Evaluation Business Development
- Identify and develop research and evaluation projects that align with our organization’s priorities and with staff member interest and expertise
- Contribute successfully to new business development, including proposal writing and budget development in response to RFPs or grant announcements
Study Design, Data Analysis, and Dissemination
- Develop experimental and quasi-experimental research and/or evaluation designs using mixed methods
- Identify or design and test appropriate instrumentation (e.g., surveys, interview protocols, observation protocols, knowledge assessments) to address research and evaluation questions
- Design and implement or lead the design and implementation of complex statistical data analyses using a range of inferential approaches to explore individual, family, and school-level predictors of school violence and examine the quality and impact of behavioral health practices, programs, and policies
- Conceptualize and write research and evaluation proposals, plans and reports, literature reviews/evidence reviews and papers, presentations, and articles for various audiences
Project Management and Supervision
- Oversee budgets and timelines and monitor level of effort estimates for multiple projects
- Build and maintain high quality relationships with clients, prime contractors, subcontractors, and stakeholders
- Mentor, supervise and evaluate research staff and collaborate with staff at all levels to ensure efficient completion of tasks at a high standard of quality
- Doctorate in education, social sciences, public policy and/or related area
- Research experience and at least 8 years of experience conducting applied research and/or program evaluation and demonstrated expertise in topics that fall within the broader fields of education, behavioral health, or violence prevention
- Experience responding to RFPs and a track record of securing contracts, grants, or cooperative agreements
- Experience managing multi-site and multi-year studies; experience managing budgets over $500,000
- Experience working with state or federal agencies
- Ability to integrate findings from research literature and from quantitative and qualitative data analyses to develop comprehensive, digestible research and evaluation reports
- Ability to translate complex analyses and findings into conceptual and lay language for a range of audiences
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and client communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with colleagues
- Past experience supervising and mentoring staff
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Ability to present legal documentation to work in the U.S.
- Demonstrated research and evaluation design skills, including ability to design and lead advanced inferential quantitative data analyses
- Experience designing and implementing studies aligned with high standards for rigor (e.g., What Works Clearinghouse, the National Science Foundation (NSF).
How To Apply
Please send a resume including three professional references, salary requirements, three writing samples, and a letter of interest to: RMCPortland@RMCres.com. Or respond as instructed on our website.
RMC Research Corporation
RMC Research Corporation, founded in 1966, is a technical consulting firm specializing in research, evaluation, training, and technical assistance for education and human service agencies at the federal, state, and local levels. RMC Research is a privately-held, for-profit corporation with offices in Portsmouth, New Hampshire; Portland, Oregon; Denver, Colorado; Arlington, Virginia; New York, New York; and Tampa, Florida. The Portland, Oregon office, established in 1990, is located in downtown Portland and employs 17 professional and support personnel and consultants. While each office works independently with its own contract base, RMC Research Corporation’s offices often collaborate on work of national scope, particularly when data collection and technical assistance services are required across diverse geographic sites. More information about RMC Research projects and personnel may be found on our web site: www.rmcresearchcorporation.com.
RMC Research Corporation offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package which includes: Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage; Life, AD&D, and Long Term Disability; Long Term Care; Nine Paid Holidays; Vacation/Annual Leave (progressive accruals); Sick Leave Accrual; Extended Sick Leave Account; Maternity, Jury/Witness, Bereavement and Family Leave; 401K Retirement Savings Plan and 401K Loan Program; and Honoraria for Publication. RMC Research Corporation is a Drug Free Workplace and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RMC Research is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from people of color.