The Portland Oregon office of RMC Research is searching for a Research Associate to join our team to coordinate quantitative and qualitative data collection, analysis, and reporting for education and behavioral health projects. The Research Associate will work with a collaborative team on a variety of projects over time. Great potential exists for significant expansion into multiple areas of research and evaluation. Position will start at .50 FTE with potential for higher FTE over time. Position will likely start remotely with the option of onsite or a combination of remote/onsite in the near future. Local candidates are preferred. We are still assessing remote vs onsite arrangements post-pandemic.
- Contribute to quantitative and qualitative evaluation and research designs, logic model development, instrument development, analyses, and reporting.
- Coordinate and conduct data collection efforts:
- Design and supervise administration of web-based and paper-and-pencil surveys
- Develop interview, observation and focus group protocols
- Gather qualitative data
- Coordinate data management and data quality control.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data including descriptive and inferential analyses (t-tests, chi‑square, logistic and multiple linear regression, and analysis of variance).
- Interpret findings and contribute to development of reports, briefs, presentations, and manuscripts for publication.
- Participate in proposal writing to develop further contract support for the evaluation of health, human services, and education programs.
- Advanced degree (Ph.D. preferred) or extensive work experience in research or evaluation methodologies in public health, education, health, or social sciences.
- Experience with organizing and conducting qualitative and quantitative data collection.
- Competence in using SPSS for descriptive and inferential analyses.
- Excellent writing, listening, and oral presentation skills.
- Evidence of strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with other evaluation staff and with clients.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Ability to present legal documentation to work in the U.S.
- Experience using qualitative data analyses software (e.g., NVIVO).
- Experience with data management and database development using software such as Microsoft Access and SQL.
- Experience creating dashboards in either Excel, Google Dashboards, or Tableau.
- Proposal writing experience.
- Relevant content-area expertise in the fields of public health or education.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance coverages; FSA; voluntary critical illness and accident coverages; life and long-term disability insurance; long-term care insurance; participation in a 401(k) retirement plan; vacation, holiday, and sick leave; and other benefits as described in the employee handbook.
RMC Research Corporation is a privately owned, for-profit firm that helps local, state, and federal agencies; philanthropic foundations; and social service organizations use program evaluation and applied research to improve the lives of their constituents. Though part of a national corporation, the Portland office offers a small company feel where colleagues collaborate on designs, discuss findings, and leverage each other’s strengths to provide high-quality services for our clients.
Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer
RMC Research Corporation is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RMC Research is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from people of color.
As soon after hire as possible.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and a writing sample (optional) to https://rmcresearchcorporation.com/apply-online/. Highlight your skills and describe your fit for this position in your cover letter. Applicants will receive an email indicating receipt of application. The search committee will contact those they wish to interview for this position.