As part of REL Central’s webinar series on research and evaluation in teacher preparation, RMC Research developed the upcoming (October 13, 2015) webinar: Reporting on Teacher Preparation Program Performance: A Look at State Approaches.
States in the Central Region and elsewhere are making changes to how they report and share data in efforts to evaluate and continually improve teacher preparation programs. This webinar will focus on issues related to the reporting and use of teacher preparation program evaluation results. Attendees will learn about activities in two states that report teacher preparation program outcome data. Representatives from state education agencies and teacher preparation programs in Kentucky and Missouri-states that have systems for regular collection and reporting of these data will discuss their experiences.Presenters include:
• Gale “Hap” Hairston, Director, Educator Preparation, Office of Educator Quality, Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
• David Hough, Dean, Missouri State University, College of Education
• Kim Walters-Parker, Director, Division of Educator Preparation, Kentucky Educational Professional Standards Board
• Terry Hibpshman, Researcher Analyst, Kentucky Education Professional Standards Board
• Stephen Meyer, REL Central
• Emma Espel, REL Central
How to join . . .
Reporting on Teacher Preparation Program Performance: A Look at State Approaches.
Tuesday, October 13, 2015
1:00-2:30 pm (Mountain), 2:00-3:30 pm (Central)
To Register for the Webinar, click here
Other REL Central Webinars
Other webinars in the series may be accessed by using the clickable links below:
• Evaluation of Teacher Preparation Programs: Key Considerations and Methodological Issues (December, 2014)
• Evaluation of the Boston Teacher Residency Program: An Alternative Path to Preparation (October, 2014)
• Using Statewide Longitudinal Data Systems to Evaluate Teacher Preparation Programs (October, 2014)
• Clinical Practice in Teacher Preparation: Evaluating Program and Candidate Performance (August, 2014)
• Teacher Residency Programs: Alternative Path to Preparation (April, 2014)
• Understanding and Promoting Data-Driven Decision Making and Data Literacy in Teacher Preparation Programs (October, 2013)
• State Efforts to Develop Teacher Preparation Program Assessment and Reporting Systems (August, 2013)
• Issues Regarding Data, Measures, and Interpretation for Studies of Teacher Development and Teacher Effectiveness (July, 2013)