JOB OPENING: RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
RMC Research Corporation, a nationally recognized and respected professional services and technical consulting firm specializing in research, evaluation, training, and technical assistance for educational and human service agencies at the federal, state, and local levels is seeking applicants to join our research and evaluation team located in the Tampa, Florida office. This position requires that the successful applicant will engage in all aspects of technical assistance to clients, research and evaluation, provide oversight to various projects, and collaborate with other staff. Activities will include collecting, organizing, and analyzing data; preparing reports; developing research and evaluation proposals; planning protocols; providing professional development, meeting with and advising clients, and securing new business funding. This is a full-time position with benefits.
Data Collection, Organization, and Analysis
- Identifies or designs appropriate instrumentation (e.g., surveys, interview protocols, observation protocols, knowledge assessments) for responding to research and evaluation questions.
- Collects quantitative and qualitative data using appropriate techniques to ensure reliability and validity.
- Organizes and conducts site visits involving multiple data collection methods.
- Conducts descriptive and inferential quantitative analyses, from simple to complex.
- Analyzes qualitative data with general guidelines from project managers.
Professional Development and Product Development
- Collaborate on developing products and resources such as educational professional development modules and state/district plans and frameworks.
- Provide professional development in the areas of literacy, special education, early childhood, and research.
- Understand adult learning and apply appropriate strategies to professional development delivery and product development.
- Participates in recruiting leaders from state government, universities and the community to join collaborative committees and facilitates a group process to design a research agenda.
- Manages the implementation of the research agenda. May include conducting or facilitating descriptive, qualitative and/or quantitative studies.
- Presents or facilitates the presentation of workshops, sharing the results of the studies with the group and other audiences.
Proposal and Report Writing
- Collaborates in writing proposals, research and evaluation plans and reports, literature reviews and papers, presentations, and articles for various audiences.
- Follows organization’s Quality Assurance protocols.
- Experience in literacy and/or early childhood education.
- Master’s degree or higher in education, social sciences, public policy, and/or related area; formal course work in research methodology.
- Research experience and demonstrated data collection skills (e.g., interviewing, classroom observation, focus group moderation, and surveying).
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and coordinate with colleagues at varying organizational levels.
- Ability to travel.